Imagine the Impact of Fundraising
How does a 5K Race make a huge impact on the global movement to end breast cancer forever?
You don’t need to be a fundraising expert to be successful at it – you just need the desire to stand up to breast cancer and make a difference. Thanks to people like you, in 2013 the Komen Charlotte Affiliate was able to fund nearly $1.2 Million for education, screening and treatment services in Mecklenburg County and the 12 surrounding counties.
Q: Am I required to fundraise? No, but we do encourage all participants to fundraise. Your entry fee gets us to the start line, but your fundraising will get us to the cures!
Q: Does the money raised stay right here in our community? Yes! Up to 75% of the net income from the Race stays right here in our community to fund community health grants. The remaining 25% supports National Research Grants.
Q: Can I fundraise with Facebook? Yes! We have helpful tips you can use to spread the message to your friends and family about Race for the Cure while also fundraising on Facebook. Click here for more info!
Q: Where do I send donations?
Komen Charlotte Race for the Cure®
2316 Randolph Road
Charlotte, NC 28207
Q: Is there a deadline for fundraising? All donations must be received by 10/31/2014 to be credited to your fundraising total.
Q: Is my registration fee tax-deductible? No, your registration fee helps defray the costs of producing the Race and is not considered tax-deductible. However, any amount that you choose to donate above the entry fee is tax-deductible.
Register for the 2014 Race for the Cure by clicking here